Part of East Kent Colleges Group’s family, EKC Folkestone College is responsive to local employer and stakeholder needs. We have more than 700 students each year accessing career relevant full-time programmes of study, part-time courses, or College-based learning as an Apprentice.
We are very proud to be able to allow our students access to outstanding, quality specialist industry, standard facilities. Our highly experienced industry-professionals ensure our students have the opportunity to reach their potential, whether developing their technical skills and knowledge through to changing their career pathway.
EKC Folkestone College is recognised as a provider of quality sector-specific Social Action projects, which enables our students to engage with their local community in the heart of Folkestone and Hythe.
Our vision includes providing education and training for creative and business-minded students joining our Junior College, which is our specialist two-year provision for year 10 and 11 students, and provides specialist facilities and outstanding resources that support shaping the future development of EKC Folkestone College in ways that maximise the benefits of being part of the EKC Group. Our vision for EKC Folkestone College is aligned to the goals of the group.
EKC Folkestone College has an inclusive culture which prioritises staff and student wellbeing, sustainability and environmental agendas, and celebrates individualism.
EKC Folkestone College Vision
Our Strategic Plan defines our objectives and direction until 2024. It is articulated through five core goals. Interwoven throughout all of these goals are two strands that help define all that we do. These are inclusion and sustainability.
1. Create a revolutionary model of education, delivering a new range of nationally recognised education solutions for the benefit of East Kent and beyond.
2. Deliver inspirational, inclusive and purposeful education that enables young people and adults to achieve their ambitions and meet the needs of East Kent
3. Successfully integrate EKC Ashford College and EKC Canterbury Spring Lane into the East Kent Colleges Group family, developing the provision to enable the Group to truly meet the needs of the whole of East Kent
4. Continue to invest in industry-standard facilities and first-class Group services that support our business units to deliver aspirational, relevant and high quality learning experiences.
5. Ensure that East Kent Colleges Group is an employer of choice and responds appropriately to the social, ethical and moral issues of its communities, supporting the development of well-rounded and responsible young people.
Our senior leadership team are committed to ensuring outstanding outcomes for learners, developing the economic and social prosperity of our local community and ensuring EKC Folkestone College is a prestigious, high-quality place to work.
Local College Board
Local College Boards are an integral part of EKC Group Governance Structure. These ensure our Colleges connect and deliver more fully for their localities, firmly embedding them within the community.
Our Policies can be found here.
Work with us
Want to work with our Outstanding College? Find our current vacancies.