Get a head-start into the construction industry with our Onsite Construction Carpentry and Joinery T Level. A T Level is available to those aged 16 to 19 and is made up of 80 per cent classroom work and 20 per cent work placement.
T Level Onsite Construction
You will combine hands-on learning and academic study with a 45-day work experience placement with a local employer.
You will study core units covering a range of topics such as:?
- Health and safety
- Construction science principles
- Construction design principles
- Construction and the built environment industry
- Sustainability principles
- Measurement principles
- Building technology principles
- Information and data principles
- Relationship management in construction
- Digital technology in construction
- Construction commercial/business principles
In Year Two, you will be required to choose an occupation specialism from:
- Carpentry and Joinery?
- Painting and Decorating
During your second year of study, you will further develop your knowledge whilst developing the skills needed to complete your specialist project.
In your work experience, you will develop transferrable technical and practical skills based on the knowledge gained in College. This gives you opportunity to use your skills in a realistic working environment.